A high protein/low carb lunch or dinner that is easy to prepare. Even better? It is a cold meal, needing no heat – just room temperature water and 30 minutes time.
This recipe is archived with many others on Trailcooking.
Lemony Lentils with Tuna Fillets
In a sandwich bag:
- ¼ cup cooked and dehydrated lentils
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots
- 1 Tbsp dried spinach
- ½ tsp lower sodium vegetable bouillon
- 2 packets True Lemon powder (1/2 tsp)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper and salt to taste, if desired
Add ½ cup water to the lentil mix. Allow to rehydrate for 30 minutes. Add the olive oil and blend gently. Salt to taste if desired. Top the tuna fillets with the lentil mix.
Approximate nutritional stats:
Calories: 420 Protein: 41 Carbs: 28 Fat: 19
About 8 ounces for all ingredients.