New Recipe: Sunflower Honey Balls
Easy to make, raw friendly and both kids and adults will love them. If you don’t like Medjool dates (and I’ll note that until I tried Medjools I hated dates, they are so different!), feel free to use organic raisins or prunes instead (D’Noir™ are great).
Raw Sunflower Honey Balls
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 5 large) (Costco, produce section)
- ½ cup raw almonds (Costco, baking aisle)
- 1/3 cup raw honey, preferably locally sourced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
Add the sunflower seeds and dates to a food processor, run on high until small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients, process on high until a ball forms. Line a small baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and make 1 Tablespoon balls, rolling in your hands to smooth. A 1 Tablespoon Disher works nicely. Chill in the refrigerator, then transfer to an airtight container.
To carry tuck into a snack bag or light hard sided container.
Makes about 20 balls.
Do not serve to children under 1 due to containing honey.