It’s Friday so that means I was dreaming up a raw treat for potential hiking this weekend. These raw cookie dough bites are easy to whip up and don’t need a food processor either. Granted you might not have all the ingredients on hand, but I can tell you that you should! The base ingredients are great in many other recipe ideas for the trail and at home. If you haven’t eaten coconut flour before you might find the texture sandy, it grows on you.
And should you have any left over? Indulge in a post hike bowl of So Delicious Cookie Dough Ice Cream, with the balls tucked in alongside. I am a huge fan of So Delicious’s products and use their milks both indoor and outdoor recipes.
A delicious snack while hiking? Here you go:
Raw Cookie Dough Balls
- ¾ cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 3 Tbsp Organic Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Organic Raw Coconut Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp raw honey, locally sourced preferably
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, half chopped
Add everything but the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl, stir till combined. Add in the chocolate.
Make balls and roll gently to smooth (a 1 Tablespoon Disher helps), place on a plate and chill for an hour. Pack into an airtight container for long-term storage.
Makes about 15 balls.