Looking through an email today from Harmony House Foods, Inc., it got me thinking to all the recipes I developed over the years using their precooked and ready to use lentils.
A number of them are on TrailCooking – and more sit hidden in the two manuscripts I wrote while pregnant with my two youngest (and hope to get done!). Here are some of them to check out on the website and also one of my long time favorites featured below, Lemony Lentils with Tuna Fillets.
This recipe is satisfying and fuels you wonderfully!
A high protein/low carb lunch or dinner that is easy to prepare. Even better? It is a cold meal, needing no heat – just cool temperature water and 30 minutes soaking time.
- ¼ cup cooked and dehydrated lentils
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots or minced dried onions
- 1 Tbsp dried spinach flakes
- ½ tsp lower sodium chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 packets True Lemon powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp or packet extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack 5-ounce tuna fillets (or what you can find)
- ½ cup water
In a sandwich bag, add all the dry ingredients. Pack with it the olive oil and tuna fillet pouch.
Add water to the lentil mix, stir and seal tightly. Allow to rehydrate for 30 minutes. Add the olive oil and blend gently. Salt to taste if desired. Top the tuna fillets with the lentil mix.
Approximate nutritional stats: Calories: 420 Protein: 41 Carbs: 28 Fat: 19
Weight: About 8 ounces for all ingredients.
Click here to visit Harmony House Foods, Inc. for dried and ready to use vegetables, fruits, berries and legumes for using in our recipes above.