Have you seen our new trail cooking book, Trail Eats?
50 of our favorite recipes for the trail, 48 have photos. The Kindle version is in full color, and if you buy the print version, you can pick up the Kindle version for a special price on Amazon.
Quick, tasty, and the cabbage adds a crunch you will love.
- 2 pkt 5 ounce albacore tuna or salmon
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 fresh limes (or 1 large)
- 4 soft taco size tortillas
- 1 t old bay seasoning blend
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 1 c shredded cabbage (plain or tricolor with carrots)
- At home: pack the tortillas in a freezer bag. Put the Old Bay and garlic in a small bag and the cabbage into a sandwich bag. Tuck everything else in with it.
- Heat the oil in your pan (or frypan lid if you have one) over a low flame. Add in the spices and the tuna or salmon, gently heat through till sizzling, stirring often.
- Divide between the tortillas, cut the lime(s) in half and squeeze over, top with cabbage as desired.