A long time ago there was a lady who loved hiking & backpacking. But she was overwhelmed at the time by hiking so often, she couldn’t afford (and didn’t even like) commercial meals. She had heard of a method where you made your own meals and prepped them in freezer bags. There were a handful of recipes pre-2004. She kind of went crazy, and kept making recipes. It was 2004 and the term FBC got coined on the Backpacker forums. Then came her FBC Cozy…which she invented, and would sew & sell 1000’s of them.
Said first cozy on its first trip in Fall of 2006. Two cookbooks dedicated to it. Hundreds of FBC friendly recipes. Sometimes she knows that there are people who use the method now and know nothing of the story behind it. She’s OK with that though….it’s pretty awesome to know you can change how people do something, in just a few years!
5 easy FBC (Freezer Bag Cooking) meals? You bet! We picked these because they are tasty and over the years lots of positive feedback on them.
- Pizza In A Pot – Man food made simple. Teen boys love this one!
- Pasta Primavera – Vegetarian friendly. Full of vegetables.
- Cranberry Chicken Rice – One of the recipes that started the site, all those years ago!
- Garden Veggie Couscous – Full of veggies, and can be vegetarian friendly.
- Cheesy Rice – Kid & Teen friendly. Vegetarian and can be gluten-free.